Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bright Futures

I feel as though this happens every mid semester with my blog. I get caught up in work and schoolwork and push this to the back burner. I treasure my days off, so please forgive me for the absence.

It also didn't help that tumblr is having technical difficulties for photo posts, and that is where I actually post first because long story short, when I copy and paste it to blog spot, it looks better and the pictures are bigger. So sorry if pictures look smaller than usual.

BUT in light of all my complaining something wonderful has happened! I was selected to be part of the style ambassador's for Modcloth!

Hopefully this will lead to amazing things and I am so thankful for it! Hopefully there will be more on that soon!

The news of Modcloth makes me so happy and has me thinking ahead to what I want to do to make get this thing off the ground with more posts. This is defiantly the encouragement I needed! The idea of a brighter future is helping...and warmer weather! It''s nice that it has been somewhat warmer so I haven't had to wear huge jackets and scarfs!
Here is a more casual look of a lighter jacket, boots and a beanie! This is kind of nicer for my hectic days. I like to be casual, but not look like a bum. So the mix of the bright yellow with more understated neutrals like grey and navy make for a kind of fresh color scheme to the usual wintry blacks and browns. A little reminiscent of nautical and spring which is finally approaching.
Here is to the future!
Photos by Lindsey

3 comments:

  1. I love the cropped jacket and your hat is awesome! I can never rock that style and I'm jealous. I hope the ModCloth thing turns out cool, there's over 900 members and it seems to just be a facebook group of asking questions. Not sure it will be anything beneficial. But I sure hope!

    If you have the photos, I always cue up posts when I have extra photos in my free time so I don't have to worry about them later. It seems to work pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm in the modcloth thing too. it is a ton of people - but it could be interesting. who knows, i'm with jess!

    i love navy & gold together like this - and your old coach bag is just awesome.

    <3 katherine
    fashion.kitkatherine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this modcloth thing does seem like more of research for them once im looking at these facebook groups.. I guess we'll see.

    ReplyDelete