Friday, November 16, 2012

Ode to Mandy

      
image




I have always been drawn to a more edgy style when it comes to the way I dress, accessories, and even decorate, however I have also always had a soft spot for the simplest stlyes and even someone of a preppy type style. It may be the inner emo kid in me, mixing alternative styles with preppy, but when done well, I think it looks pretty good.
I was recently inspired by an outfit I saw on Mandy Moore (Yes, Mandy Moore) on WhoWhatWear. She was in a leather skirt by The Row and a Vintage oxford button and some heels; she looked effortlessly cool. realizing I had a skirt with pleather panels I thought I would try a variation of the outfit.
image


 

image
                                                  

image












































I wore a gingham button I got at a clothing swap with my skirt from Wet Seal, however instead of heels, I wore the outfit to work with a pair of gray tights and oxfords from Target. I really liked the juxtapostion of the button up and skirt, achieving a nice balance between simple and edgy. I played with the theme by wearing my Warby Parker glasses, oxfords and gray tights to compliment the more prep side of the outfit, and I wore my skull and spike jewelry to compliment the edgy side.

So there you go, I guess Mandy Moore inspired me to look like an edgy librarian? Whatever, I was really into it, and felt good in it, so I guess that’s all that matters.
 
All Photos by Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment