Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brown and Black





AT LAST! I have a working computer! So after 6 years with a dinosaur of a
dell, I now have a little Hp! so that means more styles/styling tips/personal
style.
I feel like in every girls style there is a neutral that she would probably
lean towards more, brown or black. I have always preferred black my self and
envied girls who wore brown so well. After growing up a little with my style I
realized my love for the combination of both.
It is said that brown and black are taboo, and you generally aren’t supposed
to mix them( as well as brown and navy, brown and grey). It is a lie. They pair
together perfectly, and really, any of these do! These are all neutrals so they
can all work together!
Working at Wet Seal it amazes me how much I actually have to explain this to
women. You can wear brown and black together! For those women who think i’m
crazy or are scared of this combo, I give them the perfect print to throw into
the mix: Leopard Print! It is obvious that it matches both neutrals, and it
actually helps the girls who are afraid of leopard too. It helps them where
animal print in a toned down way!
Here I use a skinny leopard print belt to seperate my brown chiffon blouse
with my black skinny jeans. I use a cognac colored envelope clutch(NOTO) to accesorize with and black
pointy-toed flats. Jewelry is something I am picky and scarce with, you might
even notice this in my other posts. I have peices that I love with pops of
interest to me and usually repeat them over and over again. Here I am wearing my
twisty ring that can also be a bracelet, which I wear every day, my turquoise
ring for a pop of color, and my brown tassel chain necklace.

As always, photos by Lindsey

1 comment:

  1. This is such a timely post. Last night I couldn't sleep so I was laying there thinking about how I could get more wear out of this leopard print flower pin I have. I love the leopard with the black/tan. Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete